4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. sea salt
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. no trans fat margarine
2 cups sliced mushrooms
½ cup reduced sodium chicken broth
1/3 cup Marsala wine
2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- Pound chicken breast 1/4 inch thick between plastic wrap.
- Place flour, salt, and pepper in large zip lock bag. Add chicken breasts, two at a time, and shake well to lightly coat with flour, place on plate.
- Add olive oil to large nonstick sauté pan, add chicken breast and brown for 3 minutes, turn over and brown other side for 1 minute. Add 2 Tbsp. water to sauté pan lid and quickly place on pan to steam chicken breast for 1 minute. Remove lid and transfer chicken breast to clean platter and place in warm oven.
- Add margarine to sauté pan, melt over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté for 3-4 minutes, add Marsala wine and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken breast to mushrooms; add chicken broth and parsley, turning chicken to coat with sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes until sauce thickens.
Calories per serving: 250
Calorie equivalent: 4 oz. protein, 1 vegetable, 1 fat