Bristro Shrimp and Pasta - Jacqui
Ingredients: 8 oz. of linguini (high protein)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 pound of medium raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
½ cup organic, reduced sodium chicken broth
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. lemon zest
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup fat free half and half
2 cups broccoli florets
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1. Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add linguini and cook to ala dente. Set aside.
2. Microwave broccoli florets in microwave for 4 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large sauté pan, add garlic and crushed red pepper. Sauté for 1minute.
4. Add raw shrimp to pan, sauté until just pink and opaque, 2-3 minutes.
5. Mix cornstarch into the broth. Add broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, and fat free half and half to shrimp, and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add shrimp, sauce, and broccoli to pasta, tossing well to coat pasta with sauce. Serve with parmesan cheese.
Calories per serving: 450
Equivalent to: 4 oz. lean protein, 2 carbohydrates, 1 vegetable, 1 fat