Marvel's <em>Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.</em>: Comic-Con 2013 Panel Highlights
ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. made its Comic-Con debut to a packed Ballroom 20 on today and gave fans a chance to get a sneak peek at Marvel’s latest step into television. Executive Producers Joss Whedon and Jeph Loeb were on hand to give us a preview—including the reveal of a previously unannounced guest star and a screening of the entire Pilot episode! Here's what you need to know.
Meet the Team
We have known since the show was announced in May that Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) is back, even though Loki seemingly killed him in Marvel's The Avengers. But Whedon and crew have something awesome up their sleeve to explain his apparent resurrection. The full team is comprised of:
- Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg): Field Officer – the leader
- Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton): Specialist - a field agent working under Coulson
- Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen): Administrator - field agent, ace pilot, and expert martial artist who has come out of retirement to join the team.
- Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge): Bio-chemist - She and Agent Fitz are practically inseparable
- Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker): Engineer – If you need a gadget, he's your guy
- Skye (Chloe Bennet): She's something of a rarity for Coulson and S.H.I.E.L.D—a complete mystery
- Cobie Smulders (Agent Maria Hill from Marvel's The Avengers) guest stars in the series premiere!
- The events of the Pilot episode take place after Marvel's The Avengers.
- You WILL see people with superpowers, but don't expect them from the Agents. Not all heroes are super.
- Extremis will be part of the Pilot episode…(You know, the formula from Iron Man 3)
- Some Whedon alums will make appearances on the show.
Q&A / Quotes
"This is a show that has so much history and so much to make, I got to say I’m a little excited." - Executive Producer Joss Whedon.
Q: Clark, what’s it like putting the suit on again?
Clark Gregg: I didn’t like being dead, but I really loved my death. I didn’t think anything could top that....Then I met Lola.
Q: Are we going to see monster villains from the movies?
Joss Whedon: We may see some people and more people from the Marvel Universe that are NOT cinematic. The most important people are these people [the cast].
“You know what, she’s gonna kick ass." [Ming Na] - Executive Producer Jeph Loeb