Gold Leaf Coasters
Up your Thanksgiving Day décor with this craft!
- Air Dry Clay
- Rolling Pin
- Craft Knife
- Sand Paper
- Gold Paint & Paint Brush
1. Roll air dry clay out on a parchment paper to 1/4 - 1/8 inch thickness in shape large enough accommodate size of leaf.
2. Place leaf on clay with smooth side facing out and rough, veiny part touching the clay. Leave stem on leaf.
3. Press leaf into clay by rolling pin over it.
4. Lift up leaf by stem to reveal impression in clay. Cut around leaf impression with xacto knife.
5. Pull excess clay away and peel clay leaf off parchment.
6. Place leaf on flat surface covered in more parchment paper. Let air dry at least 12 hours.
7. Once dry, sand any rough edges with fine grit sand paper and apply fely feet to bottom of coaster.
8. Then pain with gold paint and let dry completely.