Episode 2 Eddie's Showstopper Bake Recipe: Two Turtle Doves Fruitcake
Episode 2 Showstopper Bake: Eddie's Two Turtle Doves Fruitcake
Two Turtle Doves Fruitcake
For the Fruit Cake:
• 5oz dried apricots
• 5oz dried cranberries
• 2 jars maraschino cherries
• 5oz golden raisins
• 1 ½ cups chopped walnuts
• 2 sticks salted butter softened
• 1 1/3 cups light brown sugar
• 5 large eggs
• 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tbsp baking soda
• 1 pint spiced rum
For the Glaze:
• 1 ½ cups confectioners sugar
• ½ stick butter (unsalted)
• ¼ cup Morgan’s spiced rum
• white chocolate melting wafers
• dark chocolate melting wafers
• White fondant
• brown, white and green gel colors
• Turtle mold
• Dove mold
• 2 cups confectioners sugar
• 1lb. unsalted Butter chilled and cut into pieces
• 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
• ¼ tsp salt
1. Soak fruit overnight in ½ bottle of rum
2. In a large bowl combine soaked fruit and walnuts
3. In mixing bowl cream butter and sugar till fluffy
4. Beat in eggs and vanilla
5. Whisk together flour and baking soda, slowly add dry ingredients to the wet making sure to
6. mix well.
7. Pour mixture over fruit and nuts, stir to combine
8. Transfer to two greased 10” round pans and 6” round
9. Bake at 350/176 for 35-40 mins 300 degrees Fahrenheit or or until toothpick comes out clean.
10. Allow to cool for 10 mins
11. In small saucepan heat sugar, butter and rum. Cook at medium high temp for 5 to 10 mins to dissolve sugar and melt butter. Bring to a boil and cook for another 5 mins. Turn off heat and let cool 10 mins
12. Using a butter knife or the handle of spatula or spoon poke holes in cake and pour glaze over cake while still warm. Allow glaze to soak into cake.
13. Decorate as desired.
1. Using a chocolate mold pour white melted chocolate into mold.
2. Place mold in fridge for chocolate to set, approx. 20 mins
3. Use green and brown color gels to color chocolate.