Watch Los Angeles News & More on the New 24/7 Unlocked Channel: No Sign-In Needed!
WATCH THE ABC7 LOS ANGELES UNLOCKED CHANNEL WITH CURRENT NEWS & MORE HERE WITH NO SIGN-IN NEEDED! ABC7/KABC-TV is the most-watched television station in Southern California. ABC7 is the West Coast flagship of the ABC Owned Television Stations group, which is owned by the Walt Disney Company. The leader in HD programming, Eyewitness News is the first television station in Southern California to broadcast news in high-definition. ABC7.com is the #1 local TV news website in the county, and ABC7 was the first local television station in the United States to surpass 3 million Facebook followers.
The station history at a glance:
- Sept. 16, 1949: ABC7 begins on-air operations as KECA-TV
- Feb. 1, 1954: KABC-TV replaces the KECA call letters
- 1962: The "Circle 7" logo is introduced
- Dec 2000: ABC7 leaves the ABC Television Center (The Prospect Studios) in Los Feliz and moves into its current state-of-the-art facility, designed by Cesar Pelli
- Feb. 4, 2006: Station debuts broadcasts in HD
- June 12, 2009: ABC7 drops analog signal, switches to DTV
- January 2014: ABC7 starts producing a daily 7pm newscast on KDOC-TV.
- May 8, 2014: ABC7 becomes the first local TV station in the United States to surpass 1 million Facebook
- Feb 2017: ABC7's helicopter AIR7HD debuts XTREME Vision and SkyMap7.