Be Localish, Support Local Businesses
How to help small businesses during the COVID-19 crisis
The small businesses we all know and love in our communities are struggling now more than ever. As we face this crisis together, Localish is committed to telling the stories of the small businesses on the frontlines, showcasing the resilience, ingenuity and compassion of our communities and offering practical ways that local businesses can continue to thrive.
Here's how you can #BeLocalish
- Order delivery or groceries from local restaurants
- Buy gift cards and shop online from local merchants
- Order books from a local bookstore who is doing "contact-less" delivery
- Support local GoFundMe and Kickstarter accounts for small businesses
- Post on your favorite business social sites, leave great reviews
- Check in with local business owners to see how you can best support them
#BeLocalish in Action: Inspiring stories of how local businesses are responding
Batter Up Pancakes in Fresno, CA expresses gratitude to their loyal customers, whose continued to-go orders keep them in business.
Oakland-based Homeroom Mac and Cheese has started a GoFundMe page for its staff.