'Dancing with the Stars' Celebrates "Grease" LIVE MONDAY 8/7c!
This week on "Dancing with the Stars," "Grease is the word" as the 11 celebrity and pro-dancer couples take on performances inspired by "Grease" live on MONDAY OCT 18 8/7c on ABC. In addition to an exciting opening number set to the song "Grease" and choreographed by award-winning Kathryn Burns, special appearances include Frankie Avalon singing "Beauty School Dropout" live in the ballroom as well as a surprise appearance by an original Pink Lady herself, Didi Conn, who played Frenchie in the film. Celebrity and pro duos will perform time-honored dances including the Foxtrot, Jive, Viennese Waltz, Charleston, Rumba and Quickstep. Watch episodes on demand and on Hulu the day following their premieres.
Fans of the show will be able to vote during the live broadcast of the show in the ET/CT time zones via abc.com and SMS/text. (Note: To be clear, fans in all U.S. time zones may vote, provided they vote within the live show window.) With each subsequent episode, the live viewer votes will be combined with the judges' scores to determine which couples may be in jeopardy of elimination.
"Dancing with the Stars" is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines that are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli and Derek Hough. Hosted by supermodel and businesswoman Tyra Banks, the series returns to the ballroom with an all-new lineup of celebrities.
The couples (along with their dance styles and songs from "Grease") are the following:
- Country singer Jimmie Allen and pro Emma Slater dancing the Foxtrot to "Sandy"
- Spice Girl Melanie C and pro Gleb Savchenko dancing the Quickstep to "You're The One That I Want"
- TV and film actress Melora Hardin ("The Bold Type") and pro Artem Chigvintsev dancing the Viennese Waltz to "Look At Me, I'm Sandra Dee"
- Influencer Olivia Jade and pro Val Chmerkovskiy dancing the Foxtrot to "Summer Nights"
- Talk show co-host of "The Talk" Amanda Kloots and pro Alan Bersten dancing the Viennese Waltz to "Beauty School Dropout"
- Olympic gymnast Suni Lee and pro Sasha Farber dancing the Charleston to "Born to Hand Jive"
- WWE superstar The Miz ("Miz & Mrs.") and pro Witney Carson dancing the Jive to "Greased Lightnin'"
- Real Housewife Kenya Moore ("The Real Housewives of Atlanta") and pro Brandon Armstrong dancing the Rumba to "There Are Worse Things I Could Do"
- Celebrity Fitness Guru Cody Rigsby and pro Cheryl Burke dancing the Quickstep to "We Go Together"
- NBA basketball star Iman Shumpert ("We Got Love Teyana and Iman") and pro Daniella Karagach dancing the Viennese Waltz to "Hopelessly Devoted To You"
- Popstar and dancer JoJo Siwa and pro Jenna Johnson dancing the Foxtrot to "Look At Me, I'm Sandra Dee (Reprise)"
ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" is produced by BBC Studios' Los Angeles production arm. Andrew Llinares and Tyra Banks are executive producers.