Host Tyra Banks Teaches the Celebrities How to "Smize" in Week 2!
Available now, a preview of "Dancing with the Stars" 2020 Week 2 cold open featuring host Tyra Banks and the origins of her "smize" as she teaches the celebrities how to use it through the competition as 15 celebrity and pro-dancer couples compete with the first elimination of the 2020 season, LIVE TUESDAY SEPT 22 8e|7c on ABC. Celebrity and pro duos will perform time-honored dances including the Viennese Waltz, Foxtrot, Samba, Tango, Rumba, Cha Cha and Jive. Judges Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli and Derek Hough's scores from Week 1 will carry over and be combined with judges' scores from Week 2, which also marks the first weekly live-viewing audience vote of the season. Episodes can be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.
Watch the cold open of "Dancing with the Stars" 2020 Week 2!
After a special Tuesday night airing, the show returns to Monday nights, starting Sept. 28.
Celebrities (along with dance styles and songs) include the following:
- head coach Monica Aldama ("CHEER") and pro Val Chmerkovskiy dancing the Jive to "Shake It Off" by Taylor Swift
- animal activist Carole Baskin ("Tiger King") and pro Pasha Pashkov dancing the Viennese Waltz to "What's New Pussycat" by Tom Jones
- Kaitlyn Bristowe ("The Bachelor," "The Bachelorette") and pro Artem Chigvintsev dancing the Foxtrot to "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack
- Super Bowl Champion Vernon Davis and pro Peta Murgatroyd dancing the Foxtrot to "We Found Love!" by Rihanna and Calvin Harris
- TV and film actress Anne Heche and Keo Motsepe dancing the Foxtrot to "Counting Stars" by One Republic
- Disney Channel actress Skai Jackson and pro Alan Bersten dancing the Samba to "Miss Independent" by Neyo
- actress Justina Machado ("One Day at a Time") and pro Sasha Farber dancing the Rumba to "When You Believe" by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey
- Backstreet Boys singer AJ McLean and pro Cheryl Burke dancing the Foxtrot to "Ain't That a Kick in the Head" by Dean Martin
- Emmy® Award-winning host of "The Real" and sideline correspondent on "Holey Moley," Jeannie Mai and pro Brandon Armstrong dancing the Cha Cha to "Roses" by SAINt JHN
- TV and film actor Jesse Metcalfe and pro Sharna Burgess dancing the Foxtrot to "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac
- GRAMMY®-winning rapper Nelly and pro Daniella Karagach dancing the Cha Cha to "Let's Grove" by Earth, Wind & Fire
- TV host Nev Schulman ("Catfish") and pro Jenna Johnson dancing the Cha Cha to "Dynamite" by BTS
- NBA superstar Charles Oakley ("The Last Dance") and pro Emma Slater dancing the Cha Cha to "Never. Too Much" by Luther Vandross
- actress Chrishell Stause ("Selling Sunset") and pro Gleb Savchenko dancing the Rumba to "This is Me" by Keala Settle & "The Greatest Showman" ensemble
- Olympic figure skater and on-air commentator Johnny Weir and pro Britt Stewart dancing the Tango to "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga
ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" is produced by BBC Studios' Los Angeles production arm. Andrew Llinares and Tyra Banks are executive producers.