12 Celebrity and Pro Dancer Couples Compete on Week 5: '80s Night!
The ballroom is rad and tubular for "'80s Night" when 12 celebrity and pro-dancer couples compete for the fifth week live for the 2020 season, MONDAY, OCT. 12 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. Episodes can be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu. The show will start with a cold open with Tyra walking into the ballroom to Whitney Houston's "How Will I Know." Live votes (via abc.com and SMS/text) will occur each week only during the live broadcast in the EDT/CDT time zones (but fans in all U.S. time zones may vote within that window). With each subsequent episode, the live vote combined with the judges' scores will be revealed during the broadcast. At the end of the evening, judges will decide which celebrity up for elimination stays in the competition and which celebrity's journey comes to an end.
Vying for America's vote, each couple will dance to a variety of songs including "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell, "Maniac" by Michael Sembello, "Open Arms" by Journey and "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Taylor.
Celebrities (along with dance styles and songs) include the following:
- head coach Monica Aldama ("CHEER") and pro Val Chmerkovskiy dancing the Tango to "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell
- Kaitlyn Bristowe ("The Bachelor," "The Bachelorette") and pro Artem Chigvintsev dancing the Tango to "I Think We're Alone Now" by Tiffany
- Super Bowl Champion Vernon Davis and pro Peta Murgatroyd dancing the Tango to "Livin' On a Prayer" by Bon Jovi
- Disney Channel actress Skai Jackson and pro Alan Bersten dancing Jazz to "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis & The News
- actress Justina Machado ("One Day at a Time") and pro Sasha Farber dancing Jazz to "Maniac" by Michael Sembello
- Backstreet Boys singer AJ McLean and pro Cheryl Burke dancing the Waltz to "Open Arms" by Journey
- Emmy® Award-winning host of "The Real" and sideline correspondent on "Holey Moley," Jeannie Mai and pro Brandon Armstrong dancing Jazz to "Like a Virgin" by Madonna
- TV and film actor Jesse Metcalfe and pro Sharna Burgess dancing the Tango to "Everybody Wants to Rule The World" by Tears for Fears
- GRAMMY®-winning rapper Nelly and pro Daniella Karagach dancing the Samba to "Rhythm of the Night" by DeBarge
- TV host Nev Schulman ("Catfish") and pro Jenna Johnson dancing the Quickstep to "Take on Me" by a-ha
- actress Chrishell Stause ("Selling Sunset") and pro Gleb Savchenko dancing the Cha Cha to "You Got it (The Right Stuff)" by New Kids on the Block
- Olympic figure skater and on-air commentator Johnny Weir and pro Britt Stewart dancing Contemporary to "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Taylor
"Dancing with the Stars" is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines that are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts. Hosted by supermodel and businesswoman Tyra Banks, the series returns to the ballroom with a lineup of celebrities. Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli are joined by Emmy Award winner and six-time Mirrorball champion Derek Hough at the judges desk. Meanwhile, unable to judge this season live in the ballroom, Len Goodman will still be a part of the show in a different capacity and sharing his ballroom expertise from the UK.
ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" is produced by BBC Studios' Los Angeles production arm. Andrew Llinares and Tyra Banks are executive producers.