'Dancing with the Stars' Pays Tribute to Janet Jackson MONDAY on ABC!
Lights, camera, Janet! This season's eight remaining couples return to the ballroom for a star-studded Janet Jackson Night. There will also be a double elimination as the couples battle it out to make it into next week's semifinals. The episode airs live, MONDAY NOV 8 8/7c on ABC. Watch episodes on demand and on Hulu the day following their premieres. This week, the show will feature an opening number to "Nasty" by Janet Jackson, complete with a Tyra walkout. There will also be a special DWTS tour performance to "What Have You Done for Me Lately." For their first-round dances, celebrity and pro duos will perform time-honored dances including the Cha Cha, Samba, Salsa, Rumba and more, in addition to Dance-Offs. For each Dance-Off, two couples will compete in a head-to-head competition where an assigned judge for each Dance-Off will each award one pair an extra two bonus points, given to who they feel performs the best within each Dance-Off. Dominique Kelley is choreographing the tour number, and the opening is choreographed by pros Britt Stewart and Brandon Armstrong.
Fans of the show will be able to vote during the live broadcast of the show in the ET/CT time zones via abc.com and SMS/text. (Note: To be clear, fans in all U.S. time zones may vote, provided they vote within the live show window.) With each subsequent episode, the live viewer votes will be combined with the judges' scores to determine which couples may be in jeopardy of elimination.
"Dancing with the Stars" is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines that are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli and Derek Hough. Hosted by supermodel and businesswoman Tyra Banks, the series returns to the ballroom with an all-new lineup of celebrities.
The couples (along with their dance styles and songs by Janet Jackson) are the following:
- Country singer Jimmie Allen and pro Emma Slater dancing the Cha Cha to "Escapade"
- TV and film actress Melora Hardin ("The Bold Type") and pro Artem Chigvintsev dancing the Paso Doble to "If"
- Beauty vlogger Olivia Jade and pro Val Chmerkovskiy dancing the Argentine Tango to "Any Time, Any Place"
- Talk show co-host of "The Talk" Amanda Kloots and pro Alan Bersten dancing Jazz to "Miss You Much"
- Olympic gymnast Suni Lee and pro Sasha Farber dancing the Samba to "All For You"
- Celebrity Fitness Guru Cody Rigsby and pro Cheryl Burke dancing the Paso Doble to "Black Cat"
- NBA basketball star Iman Shumpert ("We Got Love Teyana and Iman") and pro Daniella Karagach dancing the Cha Cha to "Rhythm Nation"
- Popstar and dancer JoJo Siwa and pro Jenna Johnson dancing the Salsa to "Feedback"
Dance-Off pairings (along with each group's dance style and song by Janet Jackson) are the following:
Salsa – "Made For Now (Latin Version)" (Judged by Bruno Tonioli)
- Jimmie Allen and Emma Slater
- Suni Lee and Sasha Farber
Rumba – "That's The Way Love Goes" (Judged by Carrie Ann Inaba)
- JoJo Siwa and Jenna Johnson
- Olivia Jade and Val Chmerkovskiy
Foxtrot – "Again" (Judged by Derek Hough)
- Iman Shumpert and Daniella Karagach
- Melora Hardin and Artem Chigvintsev
Cha Cha – "Together Again" (Judged by Len Goodman)
- Amanda Kloots and Alan Bersten
- Cody Rigsby and Cheryl Burke
ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" is produced by BBC Studios' Los Angeles production arm. Andrew Llinares and Tyra Banks are executive producers.